saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Saturday, August 27, 2005

personality no. 12: artist

Today I went to the art studio to complete a big ol' homework assignment. I really hate having to lug my huge pads of paper around campus so I just leave them there and go to the studio whenever I have assignments bigger than sketchbook size. I had to draw my hand holding an object so I held a little toy horse that a kid I babysit for gave to me. There was another student in there who asked to see what I was drawing and when he saw it, he said, "That's good! But why is the hand killing the horse?" I would never ever kill a horse!!! So I hope it does not come across the wrong way.

On Friday my teacher said my 10-minute sketch was "excellent". That made me very happy because a) I am not naturally talented at drawing, and b) he rarely gives out compliments without an accompanying corrective criticism such as "but you need to work on...". So that was very encouraging and next time he points out all my flaws in front of the whole class I will remember that I can do good work! I just need to be dedicated!

Friday night I went to the CORPS rally which was fun. We went to Cary Quad (the boys' dorms) afterwards to hang out and play games and stuff. I got kind of tired and Ross kindly walked me home. Apparently here girls cannot walk home by themselves... that makes me very sad because sometimes, right now for example, I would love nothing more than to go for a walk under the beautiful stars. Or a run. Heh. Poor Jessica knows that half the time when I say, "Let's go for a walk" it ends up turning into a run.

I'm not running away
But I don't understand
If I'm not the one for you
Then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Cause I miss you...

OK, apparently it is too late for me to be up. Good night you alls!

13 Comments:

  • At 27 August, 2005 23:58 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That was nice of Ross, and don't tell the guys but it's totally cool to walk by yourself as long as you stick to lighted areas. It's a safe campus and the most that's ever happened to me has been stupid drunk types yelling. If you only go places with a companion you can go stir crazy really fast :)

     
  • At 28 August, 2005 21:39 , Blogger SaraY said...

    That's what I thought...some people don't think so... I don't know. If I feel unsafe or someone is freaking out over me walking alone I call someone on my cell phone. That makes it much less likely that someone would attack you.
    How sad is it that we live in a world where people are so perverted we have to worry about things like this?

     
  • At 28 August, 2005 21:47 , Blogger Jeremiah said...

    Congrats on the props from the teacher! ;D

    I enjoy walks under the stars and looking at the sky when I have time. There's so much construction going on right now though, it wouldn't be that nice.

    ~Jeremiah~

     
  • At 29 August, 2005 10:05 , Blogger Tamara Rose said...

    It was really COOL seeing you On sunday! I loved it! Ok Ross is nice.... some times well most of time time he is nicer than his bro's lol. well they are all nice ( but don't tell them i said that) heh! Well hope you have a good day!
    Oh and GREAT Job on the sketch! but you know what... i bet that all your drawings are GREAT! well have a GREAT day! Oh and i am going to comment more on your blog if you don't mind. well ttyl
    love,
    Tamara

     
  • At 29 August, 2005 11:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ross C or Ross R?

     
  • At 29 August, 2005 22:45 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Yes, Tamara, I would love to have you comment! Your comments make me smile! You guys will have to come up to Lafayette a lot. :-)

    It was Ross R, "anonymous". I don't know who you are but you must know me if you know that there are two Ross's...I don't know Ross C very well but I'm sure he *and* his brothers are perfectly nice people (ahem, Tamara...)!

     
  • At 30 August, 2005 16:20 , Blogger Tamara Rose said...

    lol
    yeah you may think so saray. but man if only you could see what they do to me! every body thinks i am soo bad becase i think people are mean becase they are supper mean to me! its just no one every see's it! ugg its crazy!s

     
  • At 30 August, 2005 16:31 , Blogger Jessica said...

    I wanna see your sketch! You should scan it and post it on your blog.

     
  • At 30 August, 2005 17:30 , Blogger Charity said...

    Yeah seriously, post the picture!! Aw that was nice of Ross. :-) That's good you like running...I'm not too excited about it, though.

    That song or whatever sounds like Daniel Beddingfield's song...but it's a bit different. What is it from?

    Well, continue having fun at college - get some sleep! ;-) Hopefully I can come see you again soon.

     
  • At 31 August, 2005 07:25 , Blogger Ellie said...

    I commented on your xanga -

     
  • At 31 August, 2005 07:25 , Blogger Ellie said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 31 August, 2005 14:59 , Blogger SaraY said...

    It is the Daniel Beddingfield song, Charity...I probably just don't remember the lyrics quite right. And I can't listen to it b/c I don't have my laptop yet so I have to use Purdue's computer and they don't have speakers.
    And btw I'm not really a runner...I run for like five blocks and then I walk again and then I run...ya know.

     
  • At 01 September, 2005 13:56 , Blogger Tamara Rose said...

    yeah it really is good to study to. i have done it befor. once and i really like the music! well havea GREAT day! bye.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home