saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Sunday, June 26, 2005

The Adventures of Sara in the Woods

This weekend we went camping in southern Indiana. It was OK. It was super hot and there was no pool, only a beach with a lake that had slimy green things in it. Not my favorite swimming conditions... We went hiking on a trail that was practically perpindicular up. We stopped where two trails met, took a break, and convinced ourselves that the trail must logically go down now. It didn't. More perpendicular up. Then it started going down, and some people sitting on the edge of the trail smoking (ew! "only you can prevent forest fires") convinced us to take a short cut that was even steeper. I fell and it kind of hurt. Then we found out that the "shortcut" involved going over a concrete wall, across a dam, and over a wall on the other side. Then we were lost, slightly, because there was no trail over there so we wandered around until we found the entrance of the park. Remember, this was in like 90-degree heat. I am thankful to be alive and well.

That night we played Sardines in a huge ol field and the playground and building and lake surrounding it. Two of my friends and I got bored so we left and when we came back everyone was sitting on the beach playing "truth or dare" and doing stupid things such as getting in the gross lake and making the girls say which guy they thought was cutest. The things you will do at midnight in the dark on a beach in the middle of a park that is in the middle of nowhere...

I got to drive my dad's car, the black BMW 535is, halfway home. It was fun. That car is almost exactly like mine but it's in better condition and the engine sounds soooo cool. The road my dad picked was curvy and hilly, of course. It is a great mark of trust that he let me drive his "baby". I don't think even my mom has, yet. I am trying to convince him to let me drive it to work this week but it isn't working.

Well, I hope you all have interesting adventures of your own! Look for the next installment in this spot soon!

2 Comments:

  • At 27 June, 2005 10:27 , Blogger Ellie said...

    That sounds like a blast! You know, your Mom invited me to go camping with you guys sometime, I think I might take her up on that. Anyway I'm glad you guys are home, even though you haven't been gone very long - like 3 days, I really missed you. Is Jessica still grounded? luv ya

     
  • At 04 July, 2005 08:50 , Blogger Jeremiah said...

    Fun shtuff. Getting lost, playing truth or dare, all that fun... Shtuff...

    I enjoy hiking. Although, it's kinda hard to hike when you're the fastest of your group and you end up by yourself all the time 'cause you get tired of walking so slowly.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home