saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

horsey week

This week I got to work at the stable for horseback riding camp! It was fun. Marcia (who owns the barn) divided all the kids into two groups and she taught one group and I taught the other. It felt nice that she trusts me enough to let me do that. I mean, I taught a lot last summer too but she was there the whole time. And this time she wasn't there at all. I had the kids do some fun stuff, like figure 8s and going through obstacle courses and walking over poles on the ground. I think they liked it.

Tuesday I went to CYA's Bible study. It was on righteousness and I thought it was interesting because I had just been reading about "being good" in II John. I guess I was kind of thinking through the whole "being good" vs. "Jesus saves us and we can't be perfect anyway" thing. And the Bible study reminded me of some of the things in Proverbs about all of that. In short, we need to "be good" (not that I was contemplating doing anything otherwise...) even though Jesus saved us.

I am really going to miss summer once it's over. I don't realize how much time and stress and such is involved in school until it's over. Now I don't want to go back...well I kind of do, because Purdue is gonna be fun. But it won't be the same as lying in the sun with no worries!!

2 Comments:

  • At 23 June, 2005 05:51 , Blogger Ellie said...

    Are you going to go to the RP church while you are at Purdue?

     
  • At 26 June, 2005 16:47 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Ummm...I don't know. I will probably start going there b/c I want to make sure that I will be going to church, but I don't know if I'll stay there or not.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home