saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Monday, May 16, 2005

cheatin doesn't pay...turning 18 does

Well, the computer will let me see everybody's blog BUT mine. That's a bit annoying. But at least it's letting me post...

It's been a fun couple of days! Thursday was our last economics class. Mr. Long lectured (or taught...or whatever you call it...) for about 20 minutes or so and then some of us went to Starbucks to play Monopoly. It was Jeremiah and Jenny vs. Margaret and me vs. Jessica (she always wins so we decided she didn't need a partner.) Margaret and Jenny had to leave early but there was still one person left from each team so we kept playing. Finally I had to leave for work so we counted up our money, properties, houses, hotels, etc. and Jessica won with $5000 or so. Jeremiah (and Jenny) were second with like $2000, I think. Margaret and I were last with $500. Then later I discovered that Margaret had cheated. And so did I. But no body else did. So I suppose I have learned my lesson...

NOTE: I do not cheat on anything besides Monopoly.
NOTE #2: Those mint mocha frappacinos at Starbucks are REALLY good!

So the next day was my 18th birthday. My family woke me up with cake which is what I had for breakfast. Yummy. Then Jess and I went to Goodwill and some other places and then I had to go to work. Then when I got out of work there was this girl who looked like Amber walking towards me. I decided the two-year-olds had gotten to my head. But it was Amber! And she blindfolded me and drove me around and made me really dizzy and then led me in to Applebee's where a bunch of my friends were!!!! It was lots of fun. We hung around and ate and drove the servers batty I'm sure. The Pacers game was on and we watched until the game was over (they won!). Then we all went to my house in the pouring rain and hung out some more and ate stuff my mom baked and figured out how to use foot massagers and dyed Allen's hair (again...will he ever get tired of it? Lol) and talked and did MadLibs and listened to people who actually know how to sing sing. It was cool. Thanks to all of you for making me have such a great birthday!

Thank you Jessica for the party! And thank you Amber and Bekah for not spilling the beans and letting me think we were just going to a movie! Haha.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home