saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Saturday, June 04, 2005

fancy dinner

I can't believe it's been a week since I updated. I really do mean to update more frequently than that. I just don't even get on the computer all that much because I have to use my dad's laptop and sometimes he doesn't bring it home from work.

Last night I went to a retirement dinner for the doctor who's family my mom nanny-ed for when she first came to the US. It was long and boring and there weren't really any people my age there. It was at the Indiana Roof Ballroom (I think that's what it's called...) downtown and was really fancy. The salad was delicious, but the rest of the stuff was kind of strange. Like this chicken that was in some kind of dumpling covered in a kind of gross brown sauce. Why couldn't they have served salmon or something? Oh, well....I shouldn't complain. I do wish it hadn't been so very looooooong though.

This week basically all I have done is go to work. I am there from eight thirty in the morning to six at night. I hope to make some serious moola this summmer. I got a raise :-) which I am very happy about. I am also happy that my boss is letting me take one day a week off so I can go work at Ft. Benjamin Harrison's Saddle Barn with Amber. That's a long day too--we have to be there at seven.

Yesterday when I was falling into bed dead tired I was thinking about how Jeremiah once said on his blog that his bed is his best non-living friend. I like my bed a whole bunch (what would I do without it?!) but right now I think my cell phone is my best non-living friend. It's so cute and useful. And my parents never call me on it--forget that baloney about a cell phone being a leash in disquise! Actually, what happens is, I call them and they never have their phones on! My dad got a different phone and he hasn't even set up the voicemail yet! Tsk, tsk.

So, I will try to update more frequently...we'll see if that happens...

I feel like all my friends are at ECHO! I know I have other friends and I'm not all alone in the world but it does kind of feel lonely. I wish I were in Florida...I guess I could have spent some of my college money, sacrified a couple weeks at work, and gone...but it didn't really seem worth. Anyway, guys, I will miss you and pray for you!!

1 Comments:

  • At 04 June, 2005 21:35 , Blogger Jeremiah said...

    My bed is still my best non-living friend. lol Cell comes second or third. lol

    Thanx for the mention anywho! lol

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home