saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Thursday, July 13, 2006

caverns and revelations

Little kids tell it like it is.

Jordan: I'm gonna be happy when it's time to go home today.
Miss Sara: Oh, really, why's that?
Jordan: I get to play Playstation!
Miss Sara: You wanna know what I'm gonna do when I get home?
Jordan: What?
Miss Sara: Laundry!
Jordan: Man, that sucks!


I rode a horse...

for about eight hours in one day. It was fabulous. Minus the part where I was riding an idiot horse so Amber and I switched.

I rode my bike...

to Goodwill right after it rained so I got covered head to toe in lovely mud. Words cannot express how glad I am that now there is a Goodwill in biking distance of my house. Today Amber and I even got acquainted with an employee who promised to rearrange the store into "cute" and "ugly" clothes for us. (Of course, he was just enchanted by Amber's charms and was probably trying to figure out how to get her number.)


I have decided...

that some graffiti is art. Today I was waiting for a train to go by so I could cross the tracks (someone explain to me why the these thoughts went through my brain: 1) Darn! There's no road parallel to the tracks! 2) Well, it's not a passenger train with bald guys to freak out so I guess it wouldn't be much fun anyway...) Anyway, the cars had graffiti. Some of it looked like vandalism. Some of it was very well done. And those artists I admire.

Random stuff I heard on the radio driving home today...

What hurts the most/is bein so close/having so much to say/and watching you walk away

(very overplayed...but I crank it up every time anyway)

"I don't know why everybody thinks he's so sexy; I think he just looks greasy."
--female dj
"And his wife looks like she'd put cold feet on you at bedtime."
--male dj

I'm haunted by the bluest eyes in Texas

(Hopefully me next year...not that I need to haunt anyone, but the blue eyes in Texas part)

I used to brag about my freedom/how nobody could tie me down/then I met you

3 Comments:

  • At 15 July, 2006 22:19 , Blogger Andrew said...

    Miss Sara-
    Sounds like Jordon had a much cooler evening (though come to think of it, I probably should do some laundry soon). And train chasing is definitely less interesting when there are no bald guys with combat boots involved. On a totally unrelated note, you might want to update your profile, as it seems to thing you are still a freshman. Well, have a good summer, and I will see you this fall.
    Andrew

     
  • At 18 July, 2006 12:32 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I completely agree about graffiti being art. The big murals on the Indiana Warehouses down here are much better than about anything we studied in the last few weeks of art history ;-)

     
  • At 21 July, 2006 07:34 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Yay! Comments from the Wegeners!

    Andrew: Yeah and now Jordan is at King's Island...sigh, life just isn't fair. You're right, my profile could use some attention.

    Kara: Maybe you can change some of the subject matter for the latter part of that class when you are a powerful and mighty TA. :-)

    See you guys soon!! I miss Purdue!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home