saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Saturday, May 20, 2006

everything changes...or does it?

Staind is right: "everything changes" (good song, by the way).

Here I am folding graduation ceremony programs with my sister. Tomorrow she will be done with high school and in the fall she and I will be living in an apartment in West Lafayette. That will be a big change for both of us.

Last night Ana and I were having fun driving faster than Jacob and cutting him off (hee hee). A year ago I didn't even know either of them, and now they're some of my closest friends. Next weekend I'm going to Bloomington to visit Kara, who I also didn't know a year ago. She is a very good friend too, and I can't wait!!

Everything changes...I'm not who I was. I turn up the country all the way as I zip around town in my mom's car since mine is still sitting...one thing I wish would change! (Of course I also turn up the rock, oldies and sometimes R & B!) I'm getting tired of shopping at Gap and American Eagle, partially because I'm too broke for the mall. Which reminds me I discovered the Salvation Army on 38th Street today...not bad. I've started liking running instead of thinking it was a dirty word. I am getting more consistent in reading my Bible and I'm memorizing more of it. I love Western riding as much as English...how did that happen??!!

But God is right too: "Nothing is new under the sun." I still love horses. I still am deluding myself into thinking my dad is gonna fix my car. I still make mistakes...plenty of them...just different ones. I still am thankful for my wonderful friends, especially the ones who still read my blog as its slow, painful summer death begins.

As everything changes and life whirls around me in a never-ending colorful chaotic mess, with blobs of familiarity mixed in, I stand on a perfectly still island. That island is my God! I shall not step off it.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home