saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

moments of disarray

I could share some insightful thoughts I've had lately. I could write a well-thought out essay on something deeply meaningful that will help all of you as you walk this life.

Now that I've built up the suspence, I'm getting out my needle to pop the balloon. That's right. No words of wisdom today. Miss Sara has been too busy lately to think on such things and is just trying to get through one day at a time.

And yes, I have started (accidentally) introducing myself as "Miss Sara". It happens when you teach kindergarten day camp five days a week. The tiredness and lack of being able to be witty/smart/profound/remotely interesting can also be chalked up to the little darlings.

Seriously, though, it's not that bad. It is tiring, I admit it, but I have still had time to do some fun things (mostly while living at Laurie's last week!! Wooohoo!!) and work my second job at the country club.

What has God been teaching me lately...that life when you're not connected to Him is not cool at all...it's amazing how skipping reading your Bible or praying for just one or two days has such a direct impact on you. Others might not be able to tell (I hope not!!) but I feel the effect of lack of time spent with God. Thankfully, having realized such things, I am even more motivated to do it every day!

It is now time to go take a shower, eat dinner and go to Bible study. Ecclesiastes--yay!

2 Comments:

  • At 21 June, 2006 03:30 , Blogger Charity said...

    I know what you mean about not spending time with God... I can always feel the negative affects from putting off my quiet time for a couple days.

    have fun this summer! hehe kindergardeners, huh? wow... ;-)

     
  • At 01 July, 2006 21:04 , Blogger Amy Thorne said...

    Sara my bun! You are coming to Sycamore tomorrow... you are coming to Sycamore tomorrow.... __amy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home