saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Monday, September 26, 2005

and the good news is...

Well, Sara actually has some good news. And some bad news, but who cares about that?

1. I got my computer!! And last night my friend Brant set up wireless for me so I could even use it in my room, even though they said it would only work in the lobby! Unfortunately it wouldn't work this morning. And poor Brant has already been over here twice to mess around with it because it is too confusing for my not-quite-blonde head. The way mine is set up is different from the instructions so he had to adapt it all or something like that. I don't know. All I know is that when he's here and he plays with it for a few minutes, it works. And when he goes home and I try it, it doesn't. But we'll get it figured out.

2. I don't think I'm going to get a C on this project!! We had four drawings due--A, B, C, and D-- and we divided into four groups and each group got all of one of the drawings (like, my group got everybody's B drawings). And then each group had to pick the best one of each set and two of mine got picked! The teacher said that her opinion and the students' opinions are often pretty different, but it was encouraging anyway.

3. Another type of drawing I did for another class is now hanging in the hallway! This is my second hallway picture! (Having stuff in the hallway at least once was a goal of mine at the beginning of this semester. Now I just have to get it up for the other class). That was also encouraging :-). I was kind of stressed last week, and this week may very well be even tougher, but at least I am happier.

The bad news is that dumb blondie here locked herself out of her room. I went downstairs to do laundry, closed my door, and left my keys in there. Oh well, at least I have homework with me and a blog to update, and my roomie should be back before my next class, so I'll be OK. And if she isn't...well, it's only French, I can share a book with someone, and I don't think there was any homework due. And if there was, well, ya know what, I didn't do it.

OK, now I shall try to do something productive. Such as homework. And laundry. Woohoo my afternoon is off with a BANG!

8 Comments:

  • At 26 September, 2005 19:25 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Five minute keys from the main office are good things too ;-)

    Congratulations on doing so well in art!

     
  • At 27 September, 2005 12:42 , Blogger SaraY said...

    yeah, I would have gotten a five minute key but I've already used one or two of them and I forget what the limit is. I don't want to have to get a "responsibility talk"!

     
  • At 27 September, 2005 16:03 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You get 5 free uses before you get the "Talk". It's really about all you'll need too, 'cause when you start to get up around 3 or 4 you get all paranoid about always checking to see if you have your keys ;-)

     
  • At 27 September, 2005 16:11 , Blogger Tamara Rose said...

    well i'm sorry and good job! :) ok well i dont really have time to read this whole post right now but i will try again later k. have a great day!

     
  • At 27 September, 2005 16:11 , Blogger Tamara Rose said...

    well i'm sorry and good job! :) ok well i dont really have time to read this whole post right now but i will try again later k. have a great day!

     
  • At 30 September, 2005 09:29 , Blogger Jeremiah said...

    That's really cool, gettin' your art put up. Congrats again on getting the laptop. Oh, I've locked my keys in the van two times this year. Thank God the windows were cracked open both times. @_@

     
  • At 30 September, 2005 12:49 , Blogger Charity said...

    Haha yeah you told me about the 'responsibility talk' thing. ;-) At least you haven't had one yet... right?

    That's really cool about your art being hung! I want to see some of your drawings sometime. Hopefully I can come visit you sometime soon! Ellie says she wants to come, too, so we should just make a par-tay out of it! :-D

    Whohoo about your new computer!!!!!

     
  • At 30 September, 2005 20:38 , Blogger Ellie said...

    Yes, I really want to come!!! I would say Charity and I are going to come up soon, but neither of us can drive yet!
    I really want to see some of your artwork too! Could I buy some from you if I really like it? :) Love you -

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home