saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

the nose knows

I detest stinky things. I especially have a distaste for certain stinky things discussed during dinner. Discussing the discussion of such things nearly led to a choking-on-a-Skittle episode earlier in the evening. That was not particularly pleasant but it was very humorous. Unfortunately I was laughing too hard at the humorous side of it to stop the choking part of it. But, quite enough about that indeed.

I am not the only one who prefers things to smell good. God does too, I (re)discovered while reading Philipians tonight. "...having received from Epaphroditus what you have sent, a fragrant aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God." In other words, helping each other out smells like Bath and Body Work's Moonlight Path to God. Furthermore, as Christians, we are supposed to scent the entire earth. (II Cor. 2:15: "For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those are being saved and among those who are perishing.") And on certain pollutant-filled days, Lafayette sure could use it-whooee!

And that concludes the stuff to sniff over for the day.

No, wait, I can't be done! I haven't discussed the amazing Ross at all! Today Ross nodded off in class while I doodled on his notes. The proportion of doodles by me on Ross's notes is very directly proportionate to the amount of snoozing the amazing Ross accomplishes during the lecture. Today he also managed a very amusing head-bobbing motion that nearly hit me but failed to rouse the amazing Ross from what I am sure were amazing dreams.

Cheerio! Bon soir!

7 Comments:

  • At 19 April, 2006 23:51 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh man, I laughed so hard just remembering choking on the skittles. What a moment.

     
  • At 20 April, 2006 02:05 , Blogger Jeremiah said...

    I never thought speaking of foul smells could be so life threatening to one in the process of eating... *is amazed*

    As for your (re)discovering/observation, perfection! Bravo! You deserve to go swing dancing! Oh, you do anyway... Nevermind...

    Anywho, sounds like it's an adventure whenever Ross is sleeping. What a fun guy. lol

     
  • At 20 April, 2006 13:40 , Blogger Mary said...

    Haha, sounds momentous. What kinda stuff did you doodle on his notes?

     
  • At 20 April, 2006 14:39 , Blogger hatrick said...

    I completely forgot any incidents of choking on Skittles last night.. I must have been out of it. Maybe my mind was just preoccupied with the danger that lurked to my left and right.

     
  • At 20 April, 2006 14:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You weren't there. We were talking about you. And Liz. And choking.

     
  • At 20 April, 2006 23:36 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Bekah, unfortunately Ross wakes up if you draw on him. Mary, I was actually keeping a tally of how many times he fell asleep. I had to do it in two places on his page because he fell asleep on the first one I started. And usually I put my initials in big swirly letters too :-).

     
  • At 26 April, 2006 12:10 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    LOL!!
    poor, poor ross ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home