saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Monday, April 17, 2006

things

Thing Number One

Follow the instructions. Yes, it's really that easy.

1. Are you a highschool senior?
~yes: go to question 2
~no: go to question 6

2. Are you doing anything the evening of Sunday, April 30?
~yes: go to question 4
~no: go to question 3

3. Perfect! Come to Fireside Chat for High School Seniors at the Long's after evening service. It's on the 30th at I believe 8:30 p.m. There is food and a Bible lesson and I will be there (exciting, no?). Do you need directions?
~no: I love you
~yes: call someone. That's not me. Or call me to get the number of someone that's not me.

4. Will you die if you don't do this thing?
~yes: What the...? Refer to question 5.
~no: go to question 3

5. This question will introduce you to something known as Priorities. Priorities dictate what you do and when you do it. Your number one Priority should be following God. Number two is probably obeying your parents. Going to parties/basketball games/doing homework on Sunday evenings when you should be at Fireside/etc are not on this list. If you are not violating a Priority by going to Fireside, go to question 3.

6. Are you in high school?
~no: See question 7.
~yes: That's nice. Don't worry, you'll get out soon and then you can come to Purdue!!

7. Are you in college?
~yes: see number 8
~no: good for you. Homework is not cool.

8. Are you at Purdue?
~yes: Very good. Come represent your school to impressionable young high schoolers by going to Fireside Chat on the 30th.
~no: What's wrong with you? Please submit a two-page essay to young16@purdue.edu and I'll decide if your excuse for not attending this school is good enough that I won't poke fun at you constantly.

Thing Number Two
Thing number two is just a recap of my life lately. I went to Kara's for the weekend and had a grand time. We sheared her goats, went on an eleven-mile bike ride involving a few too many Bloomington hills, went to her grandma's, got up early to see the sunrise, went to her church, baked delicious things like challah and granola bars, went to small group for her church for about 20 minutes, drove around in Andrew's new car, tried not to get kissed in the gazebo by an overzealous Bloomingtonian who LOST my ring, went on a hike and did various other things with the plethora of Wegener kids. (Nine total: Andrew and Kara of course, and Kristin, Jonathon, Peter, Amanda, Faith, Paul and Ben who is soooo cute!!! Yessss I remembered all of them!)

Thing Number Three
...is the amazing Ross Eugene Cerbus review!! Today Ross came to class. He said he had had a good weekend. He did not fall asleep that I am aware of, which truly is amazing.

Thing Number Four
...is an exasperated scream as Sara realizes her Comm paper is supposed to be a zillion pages long and she hasn't researched at all yet.

5 Comments:

  • At 17 April, 2006 19:10 , Blogger Mary said...

    Haha, very creative post...I like.

    I want to go to Purdue when I'm older!! So be happy! hehe.

    Wow, fun day with your friend Kara huh? Bike rides are such fun!!

     
  • At 18 April, 2006 02:58 , Blogger Charity said...

    sara, I love reading your blog! :-) Just thought I'd letcha know. I hope your paper turns out okay...

     
  • At 18 April, 2006 14:45 , Blogger David Pulliam said...

    I was kind of confused at first about the "long's" house because if the Longs at 2nd RP and then the Longs up where you are.

     
  • At 18 April, 2006 20:05 , Blogger Amy Thorne said...

    How do you think of such clever things?

    I want to see you again someday...

    Somewhere! (forte) We'll find a new way of living!!! (piano) We'll find a way of forgiving ... someday....

    Sorry, I just break out in singing. My bad.

     
  • At 18 April, 2006 21:08 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Amy! The answer is obvious! Of course you simply must come move in with me. There is room in my dorm room and my roomie will never know!
    David, I am glad you figured it out :-). I would be very dismayed indeed if you went to the wrong Long household.
    Charity, thanks :-) Guess what, I still have not started on that paper but I did complete a test and some other random homework...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home