saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Sunday, April 09, 2006

interested?

Today I did several things of interest for those of you who are interested.

I went to church and afterwards had lunch at the Humphrey's. That was very enjoyable :-). Emily made us a Chinese feast.

Then I rearranged a sentence about five times for my editor (actually, the assistant editor, if you want to get nitpicky). That was fun, believe it or not. It was especially funny when he finally got the meaning of the sentence, which the entire office knew except for him. There was a small laugh at his expense. Probably it was good though, because who knows, there could be some reader out there who would be as confused as he was and now it's all nice and logical.

On the way back to my dorm I nearly beheaded a squirrel with my bike. What does that mean? That means we have too many squirrels.

Then I embarrassed myself in a certain way involving loud yelling at perhaps not the right time. It was hilarious, though, and I still laugh at my ditzy self when I think about it.

This evening I rode my bike to church with Kara, Patrick, Andrew, Mia and Josh. Hills hurt, going up. They are wonderful going down however. The sermon was excellent and well worth the hill climbing we had to endure in order to get there. Pastor Olivetti preached from Proverbs on the importance of working hard and upholding truth. ("Truth and toil"). It was a very inspiring message to begin my school week. I am going to be sad when we get through Proverbs because there are always such good lessons to learn from them, and right when I need them too! (Namely, right before Monday morning.)

Currently, the clock is reading "get in bed" so I think I shall take its advice and head that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home