saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Sunday, March 27, 2005

nothin much goin on...

Well, the title just about says it all! Not much is going on with me. I have another speech on Tuesday, but this one is only 3 minutes long because our professor wants us to only give one point out of our three-point persuasive speeches. My speech is on litter. This particular point is on how litter kills humans as well as animals and plants. Did you know that 25,000 car crashes per year are due to debris on roadways? (Like, you see some trash and you swerve to avoid it, and end up crashing.) Also, up to 90 of those crashes result in death per year. Eeek! Watch out for that McDonald's Happy Meal bag up ahead! It could kill you!

Last night I baby sat for a family that got my name from someone else I babysat. The kids were cute and well-behaved. It was a great evening! The brother was nice to his little sister, even though she took his toys and stuff (she's only two). It made me wonder what I was like as a little kid. I highly doubt I was nice to kids who took my toys. Actually, I don't remember much about being really little but I do remember one dream I had when I was probably five or six...



Once more, my dad was in the car parts store getting something for one of his beloved babies (meaning, the cars, not us.) My sister and I got bored and started wandering around the dusty dirty old store. To our surprise and delight, we found a box of puppies in a box on one of the lower shelves, along with a little brown dog. We started playing with the cute little puppies, who were furry and reddish-brown with floppy pointed ears. My dad finished up his dealings and came to find us, along with the store owner. When the owner saw us, he yelled, "Don't touch those! Those aren't puppies, they're foxes!" We dropped the creatures in shock. The guy went on to explain that he had found the abandoned foxes and brought them back. His dog took care of them like they were her own, but he still didn't think two little girls should be playing with them.



So now when my family feels like teasing me, they just go "Those aren't puppies, they're foxes!" That's the only dream I've ever had that I can remember all of it. I used to dream a lot, and really strange ones too! But now I think I'm so tired when I finally do go to sleep that my brain just rests instead of coming up with weird dreams.

So nowadays my dreams are in real life. Like, my dream of going to Purdue is coming true! My dream of having a horse has not come true yet, but Baron's owner lets me ride him whenever I want. Sadly, though, I haven't had time to go up there very often. Oh, well, life goes on...

1 Comments:

  • At 28 March, 2005 21:30 , Blogger Ellie said...

    don't you wish all the kids you babysat were always that good...
    I've never heard that dream before... tis kinda funny! :)

    I wanna come to Kentucky Kingdom... I'll just kinda have to talk to my mom about it. Call me sometime and then it will actually happen!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home