saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

dumb blonde

I know that, on occasion, I have made fun of blonde people, some more than others. I have also laughed realllly hard at some good blonde jokes. However, I have recently discovered that I am even more blonde than I thought. Therefore, I am going to attempt to not make fun of blonde people, although I retain the right to laugh at good jokes.

Let me explain....

It all began on Saturday night. I was driving downtown to Allen's party with Jeremiah. (The rest of my passengers had decided to go to the mall early and thus did not need my taxi services. At least that's what they told me. Now, it seems more likely that someone told them some scary stories about me driving...) My dad gave me directions to the mall garage but somehow I totally blew it. Therefore I was driving around downtown aimlessly in a bunch of traffic with Jeremiah telling me where to go. Part of where to go included switching lanes which I attempted to do. However somehow I missed the fact that the light was red and therefore almost hit the person in front of me. It scared me, in case if you were wondering. It doesn't happen as often as some of you might think! Thankfully I didn't have a heart attack and instead somehow got into the garage. Once inside, after minor difficulties in getting the ticket related to not being close enough to the thingamajiggy, I drove around and waited endlessly for the 98% of people who were not nice enough to let me in and finally found a spot. Then, we went in to the mall and thankfully we weren't late because Allen wasn't there yet. So I got to relax and talk to some peeps and try to forget that I had almost caused a dent in the back of somebody's car.

Then Allen got there and we all stood around talking and semi-trying to divide into groups when the security guards got suspicious and decided to kick us out. Who knew that having like 25+ people standing around in the mall, not to mention that they were planning to (gasp!) take pictures of merchandise they weren't planning to buy was against "Codes of Conduct"? Not poor innocent little me, of course. So we all went to the Blackwood's. This is where my blonde-ness kicks in again.

First, I couldn't find the exit to the parking garage. (Yes, I did manage to start the car, and back out without hitting anyone, thankyouverymuch!) Then, I did find it but ended up driving past it so I had to drive around the "block" again... grr! I did do one thing right though (or so I naively thought...): I pulled out my ticket and put it right next to me so I wouldn't have to look for it when we got to the cashier. I guess it must have fallen because when we got there it was not where I put it. We looked all over the place and couldn't find it. Finally I ended up paying the lost ticket fee, which was (whew!) only $2 on weekends. Then we got moving. Jeremiah (not dumb blondie here) had the directions and we were OK until one road split into two and I took the wrong split. We drove around for a while, and figured it out (with mostly one of us doing the figuring out and the other doing the trying not to hit anyone) and got to the Blackwood's. Yay! The party itself was fine and fun and dandy.

And that is pretty much all the trouble I had that night. I don't know if I could have handled any more evidence that yes, I am a blonde. Thankfully Jeremiah handled all the taking-and-giving of directions so I didn't get lost on the way home.

Well, after going over that again, I am feeling very incompetent. However, I have to go to class in ten minutes (speech...whoopedoo) so I shall have to shrug off the feeling and get on with life... Leave blonde jokes if you must...

5 Comments:

  • At 08 March, 2005 22:27 , Blogger Jeremiah said...

    We made it home, we made it home, we made it home... lol

    Thanx Sara for the ride. Tiss just a good thing we realized we went down the wrong lane by the time we made it to the next exit. A simple turn around and we were doin' good again. *whew*

     
  • At 09 March, 2005 09:48 , Blogger Charity said...

    Nice pop-up comments! I like them MUCH better! Wow...I didn't realize you guys had such a crazy ride, too! Thannnks, Bek! :-P Just cuz I'm directionally challenged doesn't mean you need to *sniff* ha'te me for it! I'm just like you, ya know! hehehe. Sara, I'm still waiting on that b-day bubble tape! haha j/p. I hope I can come to play practice on Monday..I should be able to, though. But I really need to memorize my lines!! I want some nerds, too! :-D

     
  • At 09 March, 2005 18:31 , Blogger Jessica said...

    Yikes! You guys should all see Sara try to parallel park! Hee hee! ;)

     
  • At 12 March, 2005 09:32 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Enough about the parallel parking already, Jess!
    Yes, Charity, the bubble tape is coming...which reminds me I need to go buy it today! The Nerds, however, you will have to get all on your own!

     
  • At 14 March, 2005 12:46 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Poking fun at your big sis is not smart when she is your main source of transportation....
    Charity, the bubblegum's coming! I promise! But you will have to get the Nerds on your own! :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home