saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

movie review

When I went and saw poor Chipmunk Bekah we watched part of "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow." And then yesterday, I saw the rest of it. And here is my highly valued opinion (did you recognize that sarcasm?):

The best thing about the movie is the graphics. They are so cool! And in the extras on the DVD you can see some of the artist's sketches, and boy can that guy draw! It doesn't look realistic, but as the artist dude explains, it's not supposed to. It has a very old-fashioned feel to it (except the violence is more sophisticated...if that makes any sense!) and it's set in the 1940s. Now I want a job designing stuff for movies. The guy got to sit around and get PAID to doodle and invent different robots, plus the costumes for all the people!

The next best thing is that the movie lacks all the...umm, I guess I mean, a lot of the sex and crap Hollywood likes to produce. There is one scene where the girl gets knocked out and winds up in bed, and I'm going oh no I don't want to see this, but it actually ends up being really funny. I think they say a couple bad words, but not every time something bad happens. Which is good, because bad things happen about every five minutes, or more often. And Polly Perkin's beautiful perfectly curled blonde hair stays perfectly in place...pretty much, anyway. And she never trips in her high heels, even when she is being chased by robots. Quite impressive, if you ask me.

Well, that is the end of my review! Have a nice day :-)

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home