saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

horses & King's Island

Not a whole lot is going on right now... I haven't done anything stupid to update about (yet!).

I got to ride this weekend, which always makes me happy. The owner of the stable where I used to ride and work bought a new horse and she asked me to try him out. Unfortunately she had to be somewhere so I couldn't ride for very long. Also he was just a tad bit lame so I couldn't canter, boo hoo. But once I got off him Linda (who I used to take lessons with) and I groomed every single horse in the lesson barn. My mom knew that when horses and me are involved, I won't be home early, so she wasn't worried but Linda's only 11 or 12 and I was supposed to bring her home. So Linda's mom called my mom to ask where we were, which made my mom remember that Marcia (the owner) said that she had to leave at 5, and it was 6:30. Therefore my mom was all "Where were you? What took so long?" when I got home. She just doesn't understand that urge you feel when you see eight muddy horses and no one is cleaning them off. In fact, most people don't!

This is just further evidence for my case: I need a cellphone!!!!!! See, if I had a cellphone, Linda's mom could have called me and we wouldn't have this big mess. Right?

This year I'm not having a birthday party because I'm graduating and other stuff (probably get an open house for that :-)). So, I told my mom that I wanted to go to King's Island with some friends. She didn't like that idea because she hates roller coasters and for some reason she thinks I do too. (?) But anway, then I found out that Homeschool Day is May 20 and it's only $21 to get in! I think you have to preorder so if anyone wants to come let me know!!! The only issue is that graduation is the next day, so we may have to cut it a bit short (like, be home by midnight).

So, this is the opportunity of the year (I was about to say lifetime but then I realized that they will have Homeschool Day next year too...). If you have any interest at ALL let me know! I know there's details to be worked out but the first step is to get fifty or so people interested in going. I am definately one of those the-more-the-merrier types!

Well, Cheerio, have a nice week!

~Sara




3 Comments:

  • At 09 February, 2005 09:33 , Blogger Kathryn said...

    I understand about muddy horses! You just feel like you have to clean em up! Glad you got to ride!

     
  • At 09 February, 2005 13:15 , Blogger David Pulliam said...

    I think that is a great reason for you to get a cell phone.

     
  • At 09 February, 2005 21:56 , Blogger Charity said...

    That's really cool that you love horses so much. I haven't ridden one in a loooong time even though my grandpa has some. I was soo excited when I got my cell for Christmas and I agree that is a GREAT reason for you to get one! ;-) haha. Play practice was so fun! I can't wait till next week! Keep learning your lines...you know you gotta perfect the accent on the "Yes, Mrs. March" hehehe. j/p. I love Hannah!! :-D WEll anyways have a great week and I'll ttyl!!

    ~Charity

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home