saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Napolean

Well, well, guess what. I have finally seen "Napolean Dynamite"! And no, I don't think it's the greatest movie in the world. It's pretty good though. I'm inspired to go out and make my own movie because 1) it's very low-budget (I mean look at the houses and interiors....ugh! Makes me want to get my interior-designy paws on that house!), 2) all of the people look normal (or at least not like movie stars...I don't think I would call Napolean normal!), and 3) the clothes look like they came from Goodwill (refer to low budget note). So, if anyone feels like making a movie with me this summer, let's go for it! Oh one more thing that inspired me--it was a success and it has no sex/drugs in it! See Hollywood, that's what we really want--movies about ugly dorks!

I am disappointed by one thing about the movie though. Why did they cut the wedding scene with Kip and LaFonda?? First of all, it would have added to the moral content of the movie. (Is there any?) There are getting to be fewer and fewer people who think you should get married instead of cohabitating or whatever. Secondly, it had horses in it! And it was really funny to see Napolean ride!

So, that's my take on the movie. Feel free to disagree.

This Friday I am going skiing and I am very excited about it. I love skiing although I am not particularily daring. In other words, I'm the one who reaches the bottom of the big "fun" hill last because I am going down it verrrry slowly, zigzagging from side to side... It's supposed to be really warm so that's good because then I won't freeze but it's bad because then the snow will be slush.

I hope all of you have a fun rest of the week!

3 Comments:

  • At 01 February, 2005 18:07 , Blogger David Pulliam said...

    I thought it was pretty funny, but I don't see what you're saying.

     
  • At 01 February, 2005 19:43 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Ummm...what part don't you see what I'm saying? That horses are a vital part of any movie or that theoretically we could make "Napolean Dynamite" ourselves in our grandma's backyard?

     
  • At 01 February, 2005 22:03 , Blogger Kathryn said...

    Hey, I am ready when ever you are to make a movie! That would be really fun! But it's got to have horses right? ;-) I always wanted to get into acting but I haven't really ever pursued it :( Have fun skiing!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home