saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

order

There's an order to just about everything in life (except my sister's side of the room...) Right now I'm in the library at IUPUI surrounded by row after row of books in a very particular order.

But, even though order is everywhere, some people seem to have forgotten (more like ignored) the proper order for some very important things. For example, this order is occurring more and more frequently:

1. Get boyfriend/girlfriend (two at same time if you can get away with it.)
2. Get pregnant/get girlfriend pregnant.
3. Get abortion/advise girlfriend to get abortion.
4. Repeat process.

Some people think this is an OK order:

1. Get boyfriend/girlfriend.
2. Move in with boyfriend/girlfriend.
3. Have kid(s).
4. Cheat on boyfriend/girlfriend.
5. Move in with new boyfriend/girlfriend.
6. Custody battle over kids.
7. etc.

The real order is this:

1. Fall in love with someone God has picked out for you.
2. Get married.
3. Have kids.

Is it really that hard? God's plan has fewer steps and requires so much less heartbreak!

OK, I'm done preaching. Now, since I have class in umm let's see here...one hour and 38 minutes, and I haven't done my homework, I'm going to do that.

6 Comments:

  • At 01 December, 2004 02:13 , Blogger Brian said...

    God's way is much harder to follow, even if it does have less steps! But it's the right way.

     
  • At 01 December, 2004 10:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Too true!

     
  • At 01 December, 2004 16:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey it's Sally!! So cool that you have this now! I don't have one, but I enjoy reading other peoples'. How's life? Email me and let me know!

     
  • At 01 December, 2004 18:24 , Blogger David Pulliam said...

    It does seem simple, but since man is depraved, he goes the wrong way.

     
  • At 01 December, 2004 22:13 , Blogger jacob.thrasher said...

    That order is certainly the best... Funny how God seems to know the best way to do things, isn't it? ;)

    I'm pretty happy about that... I sure don't always know the way to go.

     
  • At 05 December, 2004 17:07 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Not funny at all...
    And yes, we are depraved so we have a desire to sin. But we also have a conscience inbuilt in us that tells us when we're doing wrong. People cheating on their bf/gf or spouse KNOW it's wrong and not just because society says it is.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home