saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

paradoxi

Things are winding with an ever-increasing velocity to what will be a sudden stop the second my last final paper is turned in on Thursday. (Or shall I be an overachiever and turn it on Wednesday?) It's that wonderful horrible time of the semester, when I am lackadaisically diligent.

I say lackadaisical because some things just don't seem that important any more. I know I get to drop my worst French test grade, and none of them are bad thus far, so I studied with a happy sort of ease and gave up as soon as a better diversion presented itself (in that particular case, I think it was the allure of my nice cozy bed that made me put away my books.) I am even lackadaisically half-planning to skip a class tomorrow. It's a review session that I don't really feel like going to, and I have better things to be doing anyway.

This brings us to the diligent part. My life is run by my to-do list more than ever this week. The number of pages I need to have studied, glanced at or written is larger than it has been all semester. But somehow, my drive only flourishes in times like these.

That is not to say I am not looking forward to a break, because it will be nice. Ten days to go!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home