saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Sunday, November 12, 2006

olfactory appendage vs. concrete

This Friday my nose made the acquaintance of the sidewalk by Northwestern Avenue. It was not an amicable introduction. My nose suffered the most from this encounter while the sidewalk seems utterly unaffected.

A third party in this incident, my bike, was slightly affected. However, its crooked handlebars were straightened out by the Amazing Ross Cerbus (haven't you missed his presence on this blog?) who happened to be walking by while I was bleeding bright red blood all over the unsympathetic sidewalk.

Signs of the meeting are declining, thankfully. The blue bruise across the bridge of my nose has faded, only to be replaced by a big red scab. I hope none of my freckles under it disappear. That would be just tragic since I am rather attached to them. This whole ordeal should be teaching me to be less vain about my looks, however.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home