saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Thursday, November 30, 2006

i like some mighty weird things....

I love poetry class!
Take words and twist them—
Make their meanings yours—
Decide their fate benevolently.
“Spiral” will recall spring;
Whereas “winter” will be warm
And lightly moistly damp.
Painted lands with altered words
May appear a minor wrong
Like cacti in plots of jell-O
But as long as they float on multilayered glass,
Words can come and go as you like.
In other news,
I tried to eat meat today for lunch. All the way home, I told myself I would eat a yummy turkey sandwich when I finally reached the haven of Shingle Paradise. I got home and took out all the ingredients. The turkey did not look appetizing. "Self," I said, "what you really want is ham." So out came the ham. The ham looked even less delicious. It smelled like ham and it looked like ham. "Self," I said. "Quit kidding yourself and get out the cheese and tomatoes." Needless to say, this advice was heeded.
Statement of nonvegetarianism.
I am not a vegetarian. I like dishes with meat in them. I eat meat practically every day (not completely by choice, but that's another story). However, I don't usually eat meat for lunch and I am a staunch advocate of the one-vegetarian-dinner-a-week (two on a good week) rule. Thus I have earned an undeserved reputation for being a detester of DAIHC (Dead Animals Intended for Human Consumption). Contrary to this popular opinion, I find that DAIHC can be delicious in appropriate doses, and furthermore, is a vital compotent of a healthy diet. Like chocolate, it should be eaten four to seven times a week for optimal performance.

3 Comments:

  • At 01 December, 2006 05:26 , Blogger Tamara Rose said...

    :) Hey i am doing a christmas poetry class.... and i'm really bad! LOL I actually have writen a couple but they are pretty bad. :) But its fun anyway.

    Well i'm glad your not offically a DAIHC. :) That made me laugh. So thats why your so small! And about the chocaoate thing... umm sara you should at LEAST eat it that many times! Chocolate is like way good for you! :) LOL

    Anyways dearest i better end this thing-0. ttyl. Finish the year hard! take care.

    love all the way from oz. :)

     
  • At 01 December, 2006 10:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah, love, I'm pretty sure that your chocolate consumption level is dangerously low (if you're actually telling the truth here ... and that is a BIG if!). My doctors always recommend 4 to 7 servings a day. And that works for me.

    How are you, gorgeous?

     
  • At 04 December, 2006 19:07 , Blogger Ellie said...

    I know exactly what you mean. Though, I'm going to agree with Amy and say that your chocolate level does seem to be low. Over your break we'll have to eat lots of chocolate together!!! :) love you -

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home