saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

MAA

I hear the first step is admitting that you have a problem. I seem to have an addiction. All well and good; we shall now see if I can manage to act against my addiction. However, we won't be able to tell whether I am cured for several months. Let me explain...

It all begins when I wait for my advisor to come out of her office in Beering Hall and call my name. I have a tendency to collect yellow sheets from the big file drawers located conveniently near the chairs I am supposed to sit in and wait patiently. This is probably the first step in my addiction.

These sheets have many interesting things on them. Verrrry interesting things, like lists of classes...that I want to take...that would fill that hole in my junior year...and senior year...and next semester...

Musings like these lead to the fulfillment of my addiction: I walk into my advisor's office and announce, "I want to add another minor!"

I know. I did it again. I am incapable of walking into that office and restraining myself. I've done it for the last three semesters. If I keep doing it, I will be in school forever. As it is, however, I still have a few random holes in my schedule for my senior year, and a reasonable schedule of no more than 18 credits per semester for the rest of my college career.

And a brand, spanking new Religious Studies minor.

(The title stands for Minor Adders Anonymous, by the way.)

2 Comments:

  • At 09 November, 2006 09:49 , Blogger Jessica said...

    why not just skip all the minors and add another major like me? we could double major in Fine Arts together! Now wouldn't that be fun?

     
  • At 10 November, 2006 17:13 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You should talk to Roger about Religious Studies at Purude, he's getting a minor there, too. He's getting that minor while majoring in Engineering (what a worthwhile combination!) and it sounds like an insane amount of work; but I don't know what your major is, maybe you can actually swing a major and a bunch of minors at the same time.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home