saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sophomore Says She Had 'One of Those Moments'

A Purdue student in the College of Liberal Arts said she realized the bliss small events can create while she was waiting for an English class to commence.

"Dude, I totally had one of those moments," said Sara Young, a sophomore. "It started when I was eating an English muffin" in a Heavilon Hall classroom.

Young said she was pleasantly surprised to find that her English muffin, which a roommate had brought her earlier in the day, had been toasted.

"I was already happy because I was thinking how nice it is to have roommates who help you out when you realize you have an extra class today and will starve before you get home," Young said. "And then I made a marvelous discovery [that the muffin had been toasted]."

Young's roommate, Kara Wegener, a senior (!) in the College of Liberal Arts, provided the toasted food.

"I never would have thought of doing that if she had called me begging for an English muffin and cheese," Young said. "It just made my day."

"Then I was randomly flipping through my poetry book and I came across this frickin' awesome poem," Young said.

Young said that although she usually "immensely enjoys" poetry class, the poems discussed in her class today were "tedious." However, she said she entertained herself by writing a rough draft of a blog entry.

Professor Daniel Morris, who taught the class, said he was "mildly shocked to think that anyone could use the word 'tedious'" to describe the class.

"I confess I sometimes ramble," Morris said. "But when that happens I try to stop myself and call on this girl Sara whether or not she has her hand up. She always has interesting insights."

Morris denied playing favorites.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home