saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Sunday, November 13, 2005

to ronald whoever you may be...

Well, Ronald, in honor of your, errr, interesting comments on my blog which sparked more discussion than this poor blog has seen since Christmas, I have decided to dedicate this post to you. And it has given me opportuntity to vent about something that bothers me...not that I can do a whole lot about it other than voice my opinion, but that is the purpose of a blog. Random ramblings.

I wasn't really all that mad about the comment about how my picture needs to have the face edited out. In fact, I can't remember last time a comment made me laugh so hard. It really reminded me of my sister. :-) I forget what it's like at home when I've been gone for so long... Anyway, my pet peeve is how the Internet does not accurately portray emotions. For example, some of the sarcastic things I've said have been taken completely the wrong way...some of the joking things too. It's far too easy to hurt people when you don't think. And often I do not think before IM'ing or commenting on people's blogs. It's so easy; it only takes a minute. But sometimes more than a minute's worth of thought should go into what you say. Even changing one word slightly can sometimes change the whole tone of what you are saying. This is an admonishment to myself more than anything. It's slightly easier to say what you mean with e-mail (especially when you write as long e-mails as I have...certain people know what I'm talking about, don't you, Jessi?), but I have definately had things taken the wrong way in e-mails as well. And I have taken things the wrong way, too, causing more mess than there ever should have been...

This is just one more category where we need to guard our tongues even though, technically, I suppose it is the quickly (or not so quickly lol) fingers that need the guarding.

And now I am done voicing my opinion on that subject. Feel free to say what you think...or whatever you feel like saying...just do us all a favor and think a minute longer than you think you have to. Heh now I am going to get absolutely no comments. People do not like having to wait a minute for anything.

Tonight is Fireside Chat which should be a good time. Bekah, AnaMarie, and Jacob are coming up :-)!! Then another week of exam after exam (well, only two) and project after project, and on Friday I am going to Bloomington for the weekend. Liz, Kelly, and I are going to the Oaken Bucket football game against IU and we are going to win!! Woo hoo! And then two more days of school and Thanksgiving break. I can't wait.

See y'alls around!!

5 Comments:

  • At 13 November, 2005 21:59 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    well i read you post and that took more than a minute so i thought that counted as thinking :)

    Well umm... thank you for the post! At fist i thought you would never want me back again. Well i hope you know it was all in fun and game. Just a joke. I am glad you took it that right way, unfortunanly some people didn't (uhum bec!):)

    Well that was a really nice post. I was happy to see you don't me (or do you and just arn't saying it?)!

    Well you had a very nice.... well conviction on that post. I will next time thing a min befor i comment. :). Well i will try to it least.

    Hey what is Fierside chat btw? Is that where a buch of Friends sit arond a fier and talk or some thing? well sounds fun. hope you had fun. bye

     
  • At 14 November, 2005 04:45 , Blogger Ellie said...

    You don't know how much I wish I was old enough to go up to Lafayette, and also old enough to do lots of other stuff. I'm pretty sure having friends that have already graduated, either going to college or working doesn't help.
    Anyway, that was a really good post Sara. Its always something we need to think about. Love you -

     
  • At 14 November, 2005 17:25 , Blogger Charity said...

    Bravo! Lovely post! You used something silly to write about something serious. That is also something that bothers me. This is why I am trying not to use IM as much. It's so easy to get into trouble with it. People tend to say things over the internet that they wouldn't usually think about saying in person. We all definitely need to be careful.

     
  • At 15 November, 2005 17:29 , Blogger David Pulliam said...

    Those were some interesting comments that I got caught back up on. lol Yeah, I'm guilty of making some pretty stupid comments that come across the wrong way. In fact, I just did it in an email yesterday. lol Hope college is going well Sara.

     
  • At 15 November, 2005 17:42 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Yes college is going well...I love Purdue! :-) I did something stupid over the internet yesterday too...I really need to learn to take my own advice.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home