saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

mission accomplished

Well, I have gotten nothing accomplished this weekend. In the way of homework, that is. I suppose I did a little but not very much. That's OK, though, because it was Fall Break and I got to see friends and family and sleep in and rewind. Saturday night I went to a dinner for CYA. It was great seeing all those peeps again. CORPS is fun but it lacks duck duck goose and Sardines in the pitch black basement.

Basically this weekend has been a long deep sigh intended to get me back in the mood for school. I think it's working. I am quite frustrated by a project that is due tomorrow morning that I just can't seem to get right, but I'll do that later when I am in a less contrary mood.

So right now I am trying to find all the stuff I want to take back with me. David and Jeremiah and I are going out to lunch and then my mom is driving me back. I have a riding lesson with the Purdue Equestrian Team, then I'll finish up that project (I hope!) and tomorrow a new day starts with a 7:30 am class.

Oh, one thing I did accomplish this weekend was wrecking my mom's car. Within two hours of arriving home. Oops. I went around a corner too fast because I was having fun and the rear end skidded into the curb and messed up the axel and ruined a wheel. That's why I had to be home today and yesterday. Which isn't a bad thing in retrospect, but I wish I could have been in this position not due to my lack of responsibility. Speaking of responsibility, it is time to try to dig around the mess that used to be my room but is now just an extension of my sister's pig pen and try to find stuff I need to take back with me.

2 Comments:

  • At 12 October, 2005 16:06 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Yeah unfortunately my mom has the newest car out of all of us...a 2001 VW GTI. I didn't wreck any of the body though so that is very good. And apparently my mom still somewhat trusts me, or she thinks I learned a lesson, cuz she let me drive my dad's BMW back to Purdue. And they raised the speed limit to 70 :-).

    Happy studying Bekah! If I get enough done tonight and tomorrow I may come home Friday night with Jacob and we can hang out on Sat night!! And you can come to church in Lafayette on Sunday night and take me with you :-).

    Well, talk to you all's later...

     
  • At 13 October, 2005 22:38 , Blogger Tamara Rose said...

    hey! glad you had fun on Fall break! I had a good time with the boys being home any every thing! it was cool. We did some fun stuff w/ them.
    well its ok every has a little to much fun no and then and gets in trouble! :)
    ok well goodnight!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home