saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Saturday, February 05, 2005

why me?

Why does this kind of stuff always happen to me of all people? Not that I'm complaining exactly but sometimes...

Well, I went skiing. It was fun. I didn't twist anything and I only fell once. I also didn't go over any jumps, but hey, ya know, sometimes it isn't worth it. Levi Long got hurt but I think he's OK now. Anyway, when it was time to go I couldn't find my shoes. My parents had left before I did (I went home with the Nelsons) and I thought my mom said she put them upstairs. So, I looked all over the place and even in the room where you get your boots where I took them off in case if she had decided I was old enough to take care of my own stuff (I should be, shouldn't I?). Couldn't find them anywhere. Finally we left and on the way to the restaurant we stopped at Walmart and Bekah, Bethany, and I ran in (through the clothes sections instead of in the aisle so no one would see I was barefoot!). I got some flipflops which I will keep forever to remind me of this trip. They were only a dollar, which is good, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford dinner!

So we get to the Nelsons and my mom comes and gets me and tells me that no, she didn't accidently take them home with her. And yes, I don't listen well. She did put them "up"--up as in on top of the lockers! Arg! I was so mad at myself. I tried to tell her I wasn't tall enough to see up there but she didn't buy it. At least my shoes were old so she doesn't mind toooo much that I now need new sneakers. I don't mind terribly much either because I want those Nike kind that have shocks on them. We'll see if I actually get them though...

Oh and on the way home we got slightly lost and completely missed the Wendy's where we were supposed to meet the Judds. We were really late anyway because of the whole shoe thing. I hope you guys didn't wait too long for us!

The weather is really nice today and I hope it doesn't get cold again until next December!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home