saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Student Receives Wake-Up Call: 'I'm Not Perfect,' She Says

This morning an Art History student snoozed gently for a period of about three minutes, several sources say. The amazing Ross Eugene Cerbus said he saw Sara Young, a freshman Liberal Arts student, nod off during A & D 227 at about 10 a.m.

"So are you going to blog about what a hypocrite you are?" Cerbus asked Young.

Young operates a blog which has numerous times poked fun at Cerbus for his lack of class-attending skills. She said this is the first time she has gotten caught sleeping in this class.

Kara Wegener, a sophomore majoring in Classics, wrote "Wake up, Sara" on Young's paper at the insistence of Cerbus. Cerbus said he would have liked to draw "a hundred tally marks" but he couldn't reach Young's paper.

"I suppose I'm not perfect," Young said. "At least I picked the right time to fall asleep."

Young does not believe she missed anything important. She said the same "globs of paint" were still on the slide projection screen when she opened her eyes.


Young said she is not a fan of Helen Frankenthaler, whose paintings were being discussed. (See "Summer Banners" at left.)

Despite the "humiliating experience" of this morning, Young said her nap did not negatively affect the rest of her day.

"I had the most exhilirating run in a long time," she said. "I ran up and down the hills in the woods and it was just awesome."

Young said she then attempted to get skin cancer. "I laid out in the grass and soaked up the sun for a few minutes."

The student's day got even better, she said.

"I shaved my legs and didn't cut myself once! Oh my, are you really going to publish that?"

6 Comments:

  • At 26 April, 2006 22:58 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haha, Ross didn't even notice you were asleep until I pointed it out to him and had already written on your notes. He did enjoy it highly, however.

     
  • At 26 April, 2006 23:35 , Blogger David Pulliam said...

    GAME OVER! Sara has been caught. lol, ah well, I do it all the time. jk lol

     
  • At 27 April, 2006 07:04 , Blogger hatrick said...

    You've fallen asleep in class... you are now mortal, made of flesh and blood. Watch your step, you're no longer superhuman.

     
  • At 27 April, 2006 10:08 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Just so y'alls know I have taken naps in Sociology more than once and my grade has not suffered in the least...don't get me started on that!
    Patrick, thank you so much for insinuating that I was once superhuman. :-D

     
  • At 27 April, 2006 22:28 , Blogger Nathan said...

    I once slept through a whole class period. (Though, I was a student assistant that period...)

     
  • At 28 April, 2006 07:40 , Blogger Charity said...

    I feel asleep during a talk at Dixon's Creek (our church camp here).

    Hehe I love it when you write posts like this. Ugh I hate shaving my legs... I always cut myself. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home