saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Saturday, February 17, 2007

the shocking truth

You know those big heavy black weights guys at the Co-Rec are always hefting into the air as they grunt impressively? Well, I told Patrick that one day, instead of bouncing around on the cardio machines like a sorority girl, I would try to pump some iron with him and the guys, or at least lift the bar minus the weights.

I was joking.

Turns out those bars weigh 45 pounds and I can't even do five reps without gasping for Patrick to save me from agony. On the tilted machine, I can't lift the bar even once, unless you count not going down all the way. How pitiful is that? At least my shoulders hurt today, so I'm satisfied that I must have done something.

I have a whole new respect for all those weight lifters now. Here I thought they were just showing off, and it turns out they're actually doing something.

2 Comments:

  • At 18 February, 2007 07:20 , Blogger Ellie said...

    haha Sara. I'm glad you discovered the truth about weight lifters. :D

     
  • At 22 February, 2007 00:23 , Blogger Tamara Rose said...

    *laughing* haha, thats very funny. Yes i've thought the same before- but actaully one time i did lift this 50 pound thing with one had ( i think thats what it was) and someone betted be $5 i couldn't. :)

    Well girls are stong, guys are just strongER. :) good effort, 5 is really good! :) So who are "the guys" who go? *smile* that would be fun.

    hope school is going alright. You looking forward to spring break? Well take care Sara.
    love,
    Tamari

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home