saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

touches of Amazingness

Around 8:30 this morning, Kara, Jessica and I emerged from our cozy paradise into a blizzardy world of snow and wind. Lo and behold, we came upon the Amazing Ross Cerbus at the bus stop across the street. Apparently, the bus was running quite late so we talked him into wading through the drifts to campus with us.

Ross was the first touch of amazingness I experienced this morning. The next one is Amazing Bus # 1, which Kara is blogging about.

After riding Amazing Bus # 1 to campus, I took a 100-question test on gender and communication. It wasn't that bad, but I definitely didn't feel like studying interior design after it. So I went to the computer lab to check WebCT and see if French was by chance cancelled. It wasn't. But I had an email from my interior design professor, citing "blizzard conditions" as a reason for cancelling class and moving the test to Thursday!

I was so stoked.

Then, I bundled up to mosey home. This is when I encountered Amazing Bus # 2. Or rather, a the electronic sign outside Beering heralding the arrival of Amazing Bus # 2 in 3 short minutes. The ride home was warm and cozy. Shingle Paradise, complete with Kara rejoicing over a cancelled class and Mia proclaiming that she skipped all her morning classes, was even cozier. If only Jessica didn't have a conscience we could convince her to skip her studio and join our happy abode.

And to think last night Mia doubted that it was going to snow at all.

2 Comments:

  • At 14 February, 2007 00:01 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You mean purdue didn't close today??? Butler closed today AND tomorrow!!!

     
  • At 14 February, 2007 09:44 , Blogger SaraY said...

    At eleven they cancelled all classes from noon Tuesday to noon Wednesday, so I ended up not having to go to French. I love snow days!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home