saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

glimpses

If you were to take a look through my eyes this weekend, here are some things you would have seen...

~ a black stretch of pavement ahead reaching into the night. Yes, I got to drive, (my mom's car all the way to Bloomington!) and it was pretty sweet.

~ a smelly goat beneath my fingers getting sheared. (Take note of the "a".) Apparently I am the only repeat goat-shearing visitor to the Wegener's.

~ a certain blonde head that I have been looking forward to getting to meet. See Kara's blog for more details. She was looking forward to meeting this blonde head even more than I was.

~ a rather greenish lake with a mysterious film spread across parts of it. It was perfectly canoe-able lake however. It got more canoe-able when Andrew and I got rid of the loud, complaining cargo in the middle of our canoe. (She decided to climb into Kara and Keith's canoe instead, and thankfully did not tip either canoe in this process.)

~ Ellie, Laurie, and Jessica sitting across from me in the park, eating fast food and talking and talking and just having a good time.

~ The view through the changing trees at Eagle Creek Park, where Laurie and I tried unsuccessfully to get lost hiking. I am so glad we got a day of being outside in before it gets cold, and even gladder that I have great friends like Laurie who will go do random stuff with me.

~ another road, also in the dark, going by slightly slower because Josh was driving, which led me back to Lafayette and back to Shingle Paradise

~ Kara sitting across from me, cross-legged on the carpet with her laptop in her lap, doing the same thing I am: wasting time online when we both know full well that we have stuff to read for anthropology tomorrow...roommates are such good influences!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home