saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Saturday, April 01, 2006

fun with bikes and cheap clothes

No matter how much they complain, some boys actually do know how to shop. Kara and I were pleasantly surprised by how much clothing Patrick and Andrew got at Goodwill and Walmart this afternoon. Julie came up to visit me for the weekend and she came with us, too. We rode our bikes out to Goodwill and spent a long time reading funny T-shirts and trying to convince Patrick to wear them. Both the guys ended up getting some dressier shirts but no "Rubber Ducky Contest" or "Bah, humbug!" T-shirts. And I found a red football jersey for $1.49 and a six dollar skirt, both by accident.

The guys actually found even more clothes at Walmart and--get this--went to try things on without being told!! Amazing! Kara and Julie and I were waiting on the bench and wondering what in the world was taking so very long when it occured to us that the roles had been reversed. I had perhaps 0.3% of the sensation a guy has sitting waiting for a girl to finish trying clothes (meaning: I didn't really mind sitting since we'd been biking or walking around all afternoon).

So my theory is this: boys do know how to shop (and sometimes even like it!) they just try to hide it from us. The secret is out.

3 Comments:

  • At 02 April, 2006 19:54 , Blogger David Pulliam said...

    The problem of guys shopping with girls is that guys are sometimes scared of telling girls the truth.

     
  • At 03 April, 2006 05:09 , Blogger Ellie said...

    Lol Jacob.

     
  • At 03 April, 2006 20:46 , Blogger Ross said...

    Uh, yeah most guys do know how to shop. But do we particularly enjoy it? I think we could exibit minimal dislike if it's just: walk into store, look at a handfull of things, maybe try it on if it's nessesary to check fit to avoid a return trip, and then pay and walk out. But somehow I don't think that's most girls idea of "shop".

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home