saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Sunday, April 02, 2006

being content

Tonight Fireside Chat was about being content. Pastor Long talked about three areas that we tend to not be content it:
~our possessions (sigh...I want a vacuum cleaner)
~our situations in life (waaah I have a chem test!)
~who we are (ummm...not too many problems there.)

It was a good chat. I think we probably all could use work in that area. I realized a lot more of the things I need to work on are connected to being discontent than I thought. Part of being discontent is thinking that God's plan isn't good enough right now, and not trusting Him to run your life. That's a big one for me.

Well it is nearly midnight so I am going to hurry up and post this. Have a marvelous Monday!!

4 Comments:

  • At 03 April, 2006 00:04 , Blogger SaraY said...

    Hmm my blogger clock is messed up. Thanks a lot Daylight Savings Time!!

     
  • At 03 April, 2006 05:11 , Blogger Ellie said...

    I think being content is something we always can work on. I definitely need to be content knowing God is in charge of the future. *sigh* I think that's the hardest on of all.

     
  • At 03 April, 2006 21:41 , Blogger Maria JoAnn said...

    We were talking to Zachary about that yesterday, and I think that I am content with my situation in life. I love living here. My possessions? Mostly, but I also want a vacuum, we do have one, but it does not work at all. I think I need to work on being content on any and every situation. It is a good thing to work at.

     
  • At 04 April, 2006 03:40 , Blogger Charity said...

    I need to work on that, too... hehe it was fun talking to a couple peopl from Fireside Chat! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home