saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Thursday, April 03, 2008

improvements

Tuesday I interviewed with Fleishman-Hillard, a PR agency based in St. Louis, MO. As I was quickly reading over my writing test (sandwiched between seven interviews!), I fleetingly wondered how much my writing had improved in the past year or so.

An hour later I found myself in the office of the Multicultural Scholarship Coordinator, discussing our mutual feeling of lack of know-how in the computer world. She mentioned blogs which reminded me that this green webpage exists and has been sadly neglected. Somehow tonight, after completely conquering Blackboard statistics homework, I ended up reading old posts. And thus I received an answer to my original query: my writing has vastly improved. I'm ashamed of my childish yapping of yesteryear.

Obviously, however, as evidenced by this rambling, I've a way to go yet. Hopefully I get the opportunity to work on this skill, among others, this summer in St. Louis, or here in West Lafayette at SIA or a newspaper or a magazine. We'll see!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home