saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Establishment of a Tradition?

Today as I elatedly* switched gears on my bike I spied the Happy Friday Guy out of the corner of my eye. I have seen the Happy Friday Guy, as I dubbed him, on two previous Friday afternoons. He wears a red cape with the words "Happy Friday" in gold glitter, underneath which he sports a black stretchy suit. He also wears a gold motorcycle-type helmet which conceals his identity, and sometimes he rides a little gold scooter. He spreads cheer by way of yelling "Happy Friday!" and giving out candy. He also scares parents of prospective Purdue students by engaging in such activities while bewildered parents are wandering around with wide-eyed children, who are really seniors in high school. I am sure the parents have horrified images of their children turning into such monsters as the crazy Happy Friday Guy while the students have similar visions bathed in the glow of freedom from parental restraint or beedy-eyed high school principals.

*elatedly, because for the first portion of today my bike did not properly function; this was because as I threw my bike down and ran inside Green Gables during the downpour/tornado warning last night, I ripped up the gear box (again!) and didn't figure out that I had reassembled it incorrectly until after being frustrated with it all morning

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home