saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Matt 6:34; Jer. 29:11


"Yes. Live today. Not yesterday. Not tomorrow. Just today. Inhabit your moments. Don't rent them out to tomorrow. Do you know what you're doing when you spend a moment wondering how things are going to turn out with Perry?"

"What am I doing?"

"You're cheating yourself out of today. Today is calling to you, trying to get your attention, but you're stuck on tomorrow, and today trickles away like water down a drain. You wake up the next morning and that today that you wasted is gone forever. It's now yesterday. Some of those moments may have had wonderful things in store for you, but now you'll never know." She looked at me. She laughed. "Such a solemn-faced listener you are. If I were a teacher, I'd like to have thirty of you in my class."


(I stole this from a young adult lit book I'm reading in moments, also stolen, between homework... much like I have stolen this moment to bang away on my micro-sized keyboard to produce a blog entry instead of another page of my paper)
(From whom am I stealing moments? Isn't it only my future self that will suffer, on Monday, when three professors demand neatly typed neatly thought-out neatly turned in papers?)

1 Comments:

  • At 20 November, 2007 01:13 , Blogger Maria JoAnn said...

    wow, thats really good Sara. Something I really need to remember. It is nice to see your thoughts on things.
    Even if the words aren't you own, thanks for sharing them. :)
    We must live in today, not to worry about tomorrow, it is already worked out for us.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home