saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Monday, January 07, 2008

highway robbery

So I went to Follett's with three books to sell back. The Follett's woman sniffed distainfully at one book (which I have been trying to sell back, unsuccessfully, since freshman spring semester, but there is only one professor who requests it), wrinkled said nose at another (which I admit is falling apart, but that's how it was when I bought it) and offered twenty measley dollars for the third. Something in me didn't want to accept $20.00 for a book I spent countless hours studying. So I didn't.

Half an hour later, laden down with heavy textbooks from Follett's as well as the ones they snubbed, I decided to try University on my way home. The dude in there looked like he couldn't sniff distainfully if he tried. He did sort of try on the leftover-from-freshman-year book, but he offered me $32.00 for the one Follett's said $20 for and $34.00 for the ratty, falling apart one! I was shocked and amazed, and I'm never selling books to Follett's again. A $12.00 difference is pretty big for a broke college student.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home