saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Sunday, September 24, 2006

God is good

I praise God that although the weight of this....

1. One chapter of Organizational Communication theory to read and comprehend fully enough to take a quiz on
2. Ditto for a chapter of Food and Nutrition
3. Two chapters of The Odyssey to enjoy fully, yet remember in enough detail to discuss in an intelligent manner.
4. A French test to study for.
5. A small mountain of online French homework to complete.
6. "Part II" of a novel to read and get grossed out by.
7. An essay to write. Rats. Forgot about that until I started this list....oops.

...weighs heavily on me because I should have done most of it yesterday and some of it tomorrow, I am still rejoicing. Why? Because my God is amazing. One evidence of this is that I am updating my blog from my now-perfectly-working computer. I don't understand why my computer works perfectly tonight. Yesterday it wouldn't even turn on, and I spent an hour talking to tech support (45 minutes of it on hold while reading a thriller/murder mystery for anthropology...) Last night it finally made some noises and stuff when I hit the power button, and today, it's back to normal completely for no reason whatsoever. The Dell people really thought I had totally messed it up.
Wow.
I know that God is not awesome because my computer is fixed. He is wonderful and all-powerful whether or not my technology is behaving the way I would like it to. But I wonder if I would be as thankful if my ENGL 237H midterm were still stuck in the confines of a non-operating hard drive. I would like to think so. I would like to see the world the way Jesus did, as Pastor Long preached tonight. However, the total depravity of man (also explained from the pulpit today) gets in the way and makes us dissatisfied when we can not see tangible proofs of God's unceasing care for us.
This week, I would like to be thankful, praise-ful and rejoicing no matter what happens. I would also like to be diligent and get all my stuff done which is why I am going to bed now.
Good night, friends.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home