saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm in a computer lab in Beering Hall...

I was going to update my blog last night. I really was.
But then something horrible happened. Between stirring the Mexican chicken I was preparing for dinner and writing my mom an email, I managed to spill a glass of water on my laptop. Nothing happened at first. I sopped up the water and went on with life. But then a few minutes later I turned back to my computer and the screen was blank. Then it shut off and no amount of cajoling and pushing the power button would induce it to return to its happy previous state.
Currently, my laptop is lying in pieces on the coffee table, thanks to Josh and Andrew who came over with screwdrivers. I'm hoping it will dry out and work fine. However, this means my insightful post on lessons learned from ANTH 379 will just have to wait. It's sort of in my head but not enough that I can spit it out right here, right now, especially since I really need to research some stuff for French class.
Tonight, Liz, Mia, Patrick, Andrew and I are going swing dancing at Fountain Square in Indy!! It should be fantastic!
Advice for the day: Keep anything liquid far, far away from your laptop.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home