saraelisabet

...observations on my life and things around me...

Friday, March 17, 2006

good times

Today the weather was perfect for running. Now that we've got that out of the way...

If you want to know what I've been up to lately, read this post. If you don't really care, read the end and leave a comment :-). Spring break has been rather bad for my standing in the blog contest I fear...

Tuesday I had a job interview that was great even though I still don't know if I will get the job or not. How often do you have to turn in a written testimony along with your resume? And get to talk about what God has done in your life vs. what you have accomplished and how great you are yada yada?

Then, Kara arrived from Bloomington and I had a dinner party. It was great. Everyone said the food was good and I kind of thought so myself, too, not to brag or anything. Speghetti and meatballs, green beans, salad, garlic bread, cheesecake, and brownies. Afterwards we hung out and ended up playing spoons. It got to be a bit violent. Bekah can be viscious (haha I love you!) and she won. Then Amber, Bekah, Kara, Jess, Jeremiah, Ana and Jacob helped me do dishes!! I have great friends! You guys are awesome!

Wednesday, Kara, Jessica, Amber and I went Goodwill hopping. That means we went to three Goodwills and two thrift stores and had a ball. I got a skirt, a tie (to go in my hair--89 cents!!), and some glasses. No furniture for the apartment although there was one promising end table.

That night Kara and I went over to the Faris'. It was cool :-).

Then Thursday, we took the train to Lafayette and picked up Bonnie, and then on to Chicago! You girls are awesome to go to art museums with!! (Meaning: they don't care that I like to wander around for hours, because they do too!) We had famous deep dish pizza and walked out to Navy Pier, too. It was a lovely day (not really in terms of weather, which was windy and freezing, but in terms of good times with good friends).

We returned to Indy about one o'clock this morning and my dad got me at the train station. Today I went to the mall with my sister in search of a present for my aunt...didn't find one but we did get some stuff my mom needed so it wasn't a totally wasted trip.

Now I'm off again...spring break is wonderful. I miss you Indy people!! Good friends are a gift from God. I think He knows I need you guys.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home